CIE Behind the Scenes: 15 Items I Bring to Weddings!
Well the first CIE wedding of the season was this past weekend, and it was a STUNNER!! Raise the Ruth Events did a fabulous job creating a gorgeous reception and curating lovely details to transform a church gymnasium into a gorgeous, classy space!!! I was honored to be able to design the flowers for Sarah, and Chelsea Anderson Photography captured all the beautiful details.
Throughout the weekend, I was prompted to think about ALL the details that go into creating a successful wedding, and all the items that I specifically need to be successful!! I use an apron (which is super convenient) to hold all my floral design supplies, and almost all these items fit into that! I'm also on the hunt for a cross-body bag that can fit my water bottles and snacks- so if you have a recommendation leave me a comment below!!
Here is my short list of items I bring to every wedding I work:
1. 2 pairs Floral Shears
2. Bind Wire
3. Boutonniere pins
4. Floral Tape
5. Step Ladder (especially if there is an arch or hanging floral installation)
6. Additional lace/ribbon for styling for photographers (if necessary)
7. Water and Snacks!!! – I need some suggestions on protein-packed snacks- help!
8. Additional Flowers (for cake, styling, last-minute tweaks, ect.)
9. A helping hand!! It's crucial to have at least one extra person with you during the wedding to assist as needed :)
10. Clipboard/Pens (for contracts, timelines, last minute notes, ect)
11. Scissors (because floral shears can’t cut tape or ribbon)
12. Duct Tape
13. Scotch Tape
14. Zip Ties
15. A Spray Bottle (to refresh sad-looking flowers on a hot day)
This is just a short list of some of the items I bring; the complete list of items I use for each wedding will vary! But, it’s always good to be overly prepared, and because of this I have even created a little checklist for myself to make sure I am always packing all my supplies!!
I hope this was helpful to someone, because it's always good to be organized and prepared!! :) What do YOU bring to weddings you work? If you bring something different, or if you have any recommendations, leave me a comment! I always love trying new things!